For much of human history Dads have been helping us to ride bikes, build pillow forts and suffer through the same story book for the 63rd time. It is for these reasons we celebrate Dads everywhere on Father’s Day.
1. They teach you important life skills, like skateboarding through traffic.
2. Dad’s BATMAN impressions are the best!
3. Because Dad never plays favourites.
4. They helped you learn how to walk.
5. Dads always encourage us to chase our dreams
[looking up at the night sky]
Me: You can make a wish on any star you want.
5-year-old: Which one is the Death Star?
— James Breakwell (@XplodingUnicorn) February 9, 2016
6. Without dads, who would pass down the important cultural traditions of the ‘dad joke’.
7. Dad’s are always trying keeping us safe.
8. Dad’s a total Belieber! He also equally loves the complete anthology of other performing artists such as the Hanson, Spice Girls or Venga Boys.
9. He even shares the same taste in movies.
Don’t ask me if I’ve seen a new movie.
I have four little girls.
If there wasn’t a singing princess in it, the answer is no.
— James Breakwell (@XplodingUnicorn) January 11, 2016